Springdale Water Utilities is now accepting applications for the position of WWTF Operations Supervisor
The Operations Supervisor is based at the Springdale Wastewater Treatment Facilities under the supervision of the Wastewater Operations Manager and Wastewater Facilities Director. This position provides direct supervision of WWTF personnel holding the Operator positions. Working in this supervisory capacity, the Operations Supervisor plans, organizes, directs, supervises and assumes the responsibility of operators as they provide control functions for the 24/7 operation of the treatment facilities. The Operations Supervisor may also be required to fulfill the function of an Operator as circumstances require. This position supports our Mission of providing safe, high quality drinking water to our patrons and to responsibly treat and dispose of wastewater generated by patrons and protect public health.
The Operations Supervisor is expected to train Operators and will assume the responsibility for actions taken by Operators when working together. This is a safety sensitive position.
This position requires work outside normal business hours to possibly include shift, weekend, and holiday work, and to work overtime.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities to Meet Job Requirements
Incumbents must have the following qualifications:
- Possess extensive knowledge of the Springdale Wastewater Treatment Facilities and/or other advanced biological treatment facilities in general. Recognize the correlation between analytical results and plant operational performance.
- Knowledgeable in biological, chemical and mathematical principles relevant to water quality and wastewater treatment.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex wastewater process problems and issues.
- Maintain and demonstrate basic knowledge and practical use of computer systems, SCADA systems, sampling equipment, in-line meters, and basic analytical equipment.
- Ability to effectively supervise the work of others and accomplish all necessary work in a team environment.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, assign and evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, for the purpose of information sharing, work instruction/direction, coaching, motivating, facilitating, building consensus and educating.
- Capable of using good judgment and making decisions in unusual and emergency situations as well as during routine operations.
- Possess a basic knowledge of chemistry in conjunction with wastewater sampling and laboratory procedures.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a respectful and direct manner.
- Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of workplace health and safety regulations and demonstrate the ability to work safely and efficiently.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Ability to operate and use a variety of tools and equipment.
Education & Training
Associates degree or higher in a related science or technical field or equivalent experience is preferred. Incumbents are required to have or have the ability to obtain within 12 months of being eligible to test, a Class IV Wastewater Operator’s License issued by the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality. Incumbents must be able to acquire a High Pressure Boiler License and may be required to obtain a CDL. The Utility’s compensation system is designed to motivate employees to contribute to the maximum of their ability by compensating based on their job performance and meeting licensing requirements. Inability to obtain proper licenses, within a year of being eligible to test, will result in a decrease of potential merit increases.
Must possess a valid Arkansas Driver’s License commensurate with work duties. In order to drive a Utility vehicle this individual must remain insurable by the carrier providing automotive insurance coverage to the Springdale Water & Sewer Commission.
• Salary range is $25.20-$37.81 DOE
Interested individuals can submit an application to the Human Resources Department at PO Box 769, Springdale, AR 72764 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
This job posting will remain open until filled.
Springdale Water provides an exceptional benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.