City of Mountain Home – Job Announcement
The City of Mountain Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we will make any reasonable accommodation necessary to ensure equal employment opportunities
- A criminal background check is required for all City of Mountain Home positions.
- The City of Mountain Home does not accept unsolicited resumes.
- A separate application must be submitted to apply for another open position in the City.
- Only completed applications with work history will be accepted.
- A resume may accompany the City application but will not be substituted for any part of the application.
- Accompanying resumes must refer to the specific job posting in order to be considered.
- Applications must include complete work history and references.
- Applications will not be accepted by fax.
- Interviews will be set up by the Department.
Date Posted: 6/7/23
Posting Expires: UNTIL FILLED
Contact Phone: 870-425-7042
Location: Water Intake
Grade & Status: Grade 18 – FULL TIME
Salary Base: $48,796.80+ annually
WHERE TO APPLY (in person or via us mail):
City of Mountain Home HR Office
720 S Hickory
Mountain Home, AR 72653
DAYS & HOURS OF OPERATION:
8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday
APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. APPLICANTS MUST MEET OR EXCEED ALL REQUIREMENTS.
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the City’s Water Treatment Plant by supervising, coordinating and assigning duties for the employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Manages and directs the overall operation of the City’s Water Treatment Plant, equipment and grounds.
- Supports the Assistant Director & Director in the planning and direction of the City’s Water Treatment Plant projects.
- Allocates personnel to cover tasks and duties in the most efficient manner possible.
- Monitors work of personnel on a daily basis; identifies and resolves problems.
- Trains and supervises the work of water treatment plant operators.
- Operates and services pump stations and water tanks as needed.
- Abides by and trains other employees on the rules and regulations that have to do with the water treatment plant
- Maintains appropriate records and laboratory reports and ensures their accuracy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Performs computer work, graphing and spread sheets.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES OR EDUCATION:
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of water treatment plants and equipment
- Knowledge of management and supervisory techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of applicable department State and Federal rules and regulations regarding water treatment
- Knowledge of and skill in laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Skill in electrical work and operating and repairing pumps.
- Skill in supervising daily tasks and solving problems.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. While performing the functions of this job, the employee must be able to communicate effectively both oraly and in writing.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Work is performed in a laboratory and outside in occasional Inclement hot/cold weather. Work exposes the employee to infections/contagious diseases, chemicals, dirt, grease and machinery with moving parts. The employee is required to use protective equipment. The job is performed with Intermittent sitting, climbing, standing, stooping and walking. The employee occasionally lifts light to heavy objects and must use tools and equipment requiring manual dexterity and be able to work at heights.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of three years of experience in water treatment operation.
- Must meet and maintain ADH & ADEQ requirements for Water and Wastewater licensing at the appropriate level required by regulatory agency. Must maintain 24 Hours training every 2 years to meet regulations of ADH & ADEQ to retain Licensing. This position is currently required to have a Class 4 Water Treatment license, A Class 4 Distribution License & a Class 1 Wastewater Treatment License.
- Position is required to cover on-call on weekdays, weekend and/or night work or during emergency situations.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain and maintain a valid driver Iicense.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature of this position and is not to be considered a complete statement of duties, responsibilities and/or requirements.
THE CITY OF MOUNTAIN HOME IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Hillrey Adams, Mayor
PUBLIC NOTIFIED VIA:
CITY BULLETIN BOARDS