City of Helena-West Helena Water Department
SYSTEMS OPERATOR/REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
The City of Helena-West Helena is accepting applications for Water Department Systems Operator/Repair and Maintenance position for Water Department Equipment a 40 hour per week position.
Applications are to only be made available at the Mayor’s office, City Clerk’s office or online at https://www.hwh.ar.gov/helena-ar-job-openings beginning November 17, 2022. Completed applications must be submitted to one of the above offices, located at 226 Perry Street, Helena, Arkansas, in person or by emailing the completed application to email@example.com.
The starting rate of pay will be $15.50 – $22.50 per hour (dependent upon experience and licensure) plus city benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Perform routine maintenance inspections of equipment, perform repairs, adjustments and maintenance of pumps, electric motors, valves, meters, chemicals feeders and filters, lubricates and oil machinery, maintain gas engines and compressors, and maintain proper records of maintenance work.
- Help operators install and remove pumps and motors, maintain wells, including testing, taking readings and keeping wells clean.
- Perform maintenance on system’s water and sewer mains.
- Perform maintenance on buildings and grounds.
- Perform and maintain routine water test records and prepare appropriate reports.
- Batch chemical in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Respond to emergency conditions according to standard procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good work ethic
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with having held a similar position for at least two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Arkansas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated. Possession of a State of Arkansas ADEQ Class II Water Treatment license.
The City of Helena-West Helena is an Americans with Disabilities Act and Equal Opportunity Employer.