City of Grubbs Water Department
SYSTEMS OPERATOR/REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
The city of Grubbs is accepting applications for the Water Department Systems Operator/Repair and Maintenance position for the Water Department Equipment a 40 hour per week position.
Resumes are being accepted at the Mayor’s office located at Grubbs City Hall beginning February 3rd, 2023. Resumes must be submitted to the above office, located at 420 N. Main Street, Grubbs, in person or by emailing to k.*******************@gm***.com
The starting rate of pay will be 14.50 per hour plus city benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Perform routine maintenance inspections of equipment, perform repairs, adjustments and maintenance of pumps, electric motors, valves, meters and filters, lubricates and oil machinery, maintain gas engines and compressors and maintain proper records of maintenance work.
- Help operators install and remove pumps and motors, maintain wells, including testing, taking readings and keeping wells clean.
- Perform maintenance on system’s water and sewer mains.
- Perform maintenance on buildings and grounds.
- Perform and maintain routine water test records and prepare appropriate reports.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Respond to emergency conditions according to standard procedures.
- Read water meters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good work ethic
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with having held a similar position for at least two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the state of Arkansas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated. Possession of a State of Arkansas ADEQ Class I Water Treatment license and Distribution I license.
The City of Grubbs is an Americans with Disabilities Act and Equal Opportunity Employer.