Springdale Water Utilities is now accepting applications for the position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Working under the general supervision of the Wastewater Operations Supervisor, this position is responsible for ensuring assigned plant functions and operations meet all applicable rules, regulations, and procedures while the plant is operated at the highest level of efficiency and effectiveness. Plant operators are assigned to work twelve- hour and eight-hour shifts. Shift assignments require working on weekends and holidays, and to work overtime.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic chemical, physical and biological principles
- Ability to learn the principles, practices, materials, and procedures pertinent to advanced biological wastewater treatment
- Ability to absorb, analyze and apply new technical information
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Ability to accurately log instrument readings and operating information
- Demonstrate sufficient math skills needed to perform wastewater treatment calculationsand to pass State Certification exams
- Ability to understand basic mechanical principles as they relate to wastewater treatmentequipment
- Capable of using good judgment and making decisions in unusual and emergencysituations as well as during routine operations
- Skill in the use and care of a variety of hand tools and equipment
- Ability to interact in a professional and respectful manner with staff and the public
- Demonstrate the ability to work safely and efficiently
- Ability to attend work on a regular and dependable basis
- Ability to work within established guidelines with little direct supervision
Minimum qualifications are a High School diploma or equivalent. Incumbents must be able to acquire within one year of employment a Class I Wastewater Operator’s License issued by the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality. Incumbents are expected to acquire within five years of employment, a Class IV Wastewater Operator’s License issued by the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality. Any applicant must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the carrier providing automotive insurance coverage to the company.
Salary range is $17.94 – $26.92 DOE
Interested individuals can submit an application to the Human Resources Department at PO Box 769, Springdale, AR 72764 or by e-mail to [email protected]. This job posting will remain open until filled.
Springdale Water provides an exceptional benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.