CABOT WATERWORKS IS HIRING
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
SEND RESUME OR APPLICATION TO KAREN@CABOTWATERWORKS.COM
PAY: $27.00 – $35.00/HR
SUMMARY: Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the treatment facility. Assist in the general maintenance of the wastewater collection systems, also to include pump replacement and repairs. The wastewater treatment plant services approximately 10,000 customers in Cabot, AR.
- Valid Arkansas drivers license.
- 6 years experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a currently active Class IV wastewater license or have a Class III wastewater license and able to acquire Class IV in one year from hire date
- Basic knowledge of electric circuits and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to operate tractors w/loader and mower
- Ability to perform physical demands of operating the plant
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain treatment facilities; to include the use of all hand tools such as drills, generators, portable pumps and perform lubrication of mechanical equipment.
- Maintain grounds; mowing, weed eating, pick-up trash and debris.
- Perform lab analysis required for NPDES and DMR’s.
- Prepare DMR reports.
- Monitor SCADA controls and process control equipment
- Diagnose process control equipment issues.
- Maintain automatic bar screens, oxidation ditch, clarifiers and UV systems.
- Perform daily plant rounds, make adjustments to equipment as flow and temperatures change.
- Maintain sludge lagoons.
- Will clean, repair, inspect and maintain lift stations and document on report as needed.
- Must Accept “On-Call” duties during nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ensure all utility equipment is in good operating condition and appearance.
- Communicate to supervisor or manager areas in the treatment facility and collection system in need of attention.
- Assist with any emergency, which may occur on or off duty pertaining to equipment or personnel.
- Follow safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to perform work from verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to drive a vehicle safely and with good judgment.
- Knowledge of EPA guidelines and enforcement.
- Knowledge of process equipment pertaining to wastewater treatment.
- Ability to interpret laboratory results and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.