Springdale Water Utilities is now accepting applications for the position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Maintenance Assistant
Under supervision of the WWTP Maintenance Supervisor, performs skilled work required for troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and replacing equipment systems at the Springdale Wastewater Treatment Plant. The Maintenance Assistant provides a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and repair work on plant equipment and vehicles; performs housekeeping and cleaning of the workplace, equipment, and tools; and assists with other duties as assigned.
This position is required to be on call (duty assignments) at scheduled weekly intervals and to be available for working outside normal business hours.
The following are some of the general duties assigned to personnel in this position:
- Responsible for preventive maintenance, repair, and replacement of all plant process equipment
- Perform maintenance and repairs to Utility machinery and vehicles
- Keep a daily check on the mechanical disposition of the treatment plant
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all tools, equipment parts, and maintenance supplies
- Assist with maintenance records of all process equipment and machinery
- Assist with the inventory of spare parts and supplies needed to keep all plant equipment and vehicles in operating condition
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning of the maintenance facility to insure a safe and orderly working environment
- Respond to emergency calls after hours and on weekends and holidays
- Assist operators and other plant personnel when necessary
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by superiors
The following are some of the general knowledge, skills and abilities considered essential to perform the job requirements:
- Capable of using good judgment and making decisions in unusual and emergency situations as well as during routine operations
- Working knowledge of the practices, methods, material and tools used in modern equipment repairs and maintenance
- Possess a good mechanical aptitude and fundamental knowledge of electrical principles
- Ability to detect, diagnose, and repair equipment malfunctions
- Ability to perform basic welding, metal cutting, and fabrication
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, Material Safety Data Sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and technical specification manuals
- Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of workplace health and safety regulations and demonstrate the ability to work safely and efficiently
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, vendors, and the public
- Maintain a good attendance record
Minimum qualifications are a High school diploma or equivalent. Incumbents must be able to pass an application test and obtain, within three years of employment, a Class III Wastewater Operator’s License issued by the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ). Incumbents are expected to acquire a Class IV Wastewater Operator’s License issued ADEQ. Any applicant must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the carrier providing automotive insurance coverage to the company.
Salary range is $20.14 – $30.22
Interested individuals can submit an application to the Human Resources Department at PO Box 769, Springdale, AR 72764 or by e- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This job posting will remain open until filled.
Springdale Water provides an exceptional benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.