Jacobs is looking for qualified people to operate the Fayetteville Wastewater Plant.
Performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a water/wastewater treatment plant on an assigned shift. This position typically holds or is working on first level water/wastewater treatment certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learns and gains skills involving the maintenance of equipment and servicing work in the plant
- Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of water/wastewater, sludge, and effluent
- Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control, starts and stops pumps, engines and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
- Observes and reports abnormalities to supervisor
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass background screen
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools employed in the general operations of engines, pumps, and related equipment; general maintenance work; safe work practices; basic biological and chemical principles
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to service equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 10-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility , ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height, push a push-type mower; wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
Pay is $17-$19/hour depending on experience.
Please contact Austin.firstname.lastname@example.org or 479.387.5968