Springdale Water Utilities, an award-winning water utility serving Springdale and surrounding areas is seeking a CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER.
- Supervises and has functional oversight over Financial Analysis, Meter Services, Billing and I.T. departments.
- Provides recommendations based upon sound judgment after weighing alternatives and cost/benefit considerations; maintains records and prepares reports; and provides assistance and performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Preparation of budgets and coordination of annual audits.
- Must be proficient with generally accepted accounting principles and governmental regulations.
- Responsible for investment management, accounts payable, inventory control and fixed asset management.
- Responsible for discussing financial statements with the Water & Sewer Commission and various other organizations as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent with an accounting or finance degree or another undergraduate degree in a related field from a four-year college or university.
- Persons applying for this position must have a minimum of five years of experience in the operation of a water and wastewater system. Two years of progressively responsible managerial experience is desired.
- Individual must obtain within one year, after assuming position, a valid Class IV
- Water Distribution Operator’s License issued by the Arkansas Department of Health. A Class IV Wastewater Treatment Operator’s License issued by the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality is desired.
- Must be insurable by the carrier providing coverage to the Utility.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, assigns, directs and exercises general supervision over employees engaged in variety of projects.
- Studies the Utility’s organization, personnel distribution and project requirements to effectuate the most efficient and economical utilization of available personnel and funds.
- Analyzes financial reports and internal control policies and procedures.
- Chairs the Governor’s Quality Award application process improvement teams.
- Chairs the LEAD team and is a member of other standing process improvement teams.
- Coordinates meetings to discuss current work problems, policy changes, safety and other pertinent matters.
- Studies equipment needs and makes recommendations for replacement, alteration repair of equipment.
- Acts as a problem identification and resolution resource, answering questions and providing guidance in resolving problem.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities to Meet Job Requirements
It is essential that the person appointed to this position has adequate training, knowledge, and management skills to assist in the operation of a public water system and a sanitary sewer system. In order to perform this job assignment successfully, the person in this position must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Extensive training and experience in the operation of a public water system and a municipal sanitary sewer system
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations applicable to the operation of a public water system and sanitary sewer system
- Working knowledge of computers, utility software applications, and automated financial management systems
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, public finance, budgeting principles and practices
- Ability to develop and implement modifications to the automated billing and record keeping system
- Knowledge of municipal organization and management principles
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate responsibility, supervise, and review the work of subordinates and to secure efficient results
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to craft agreements, bid documents, resolutions, and ordinances
- Ability to use word processing, spread sheets, and other basic software on a personal computer
- Ability to interpret and explain Utility administration policies and procedures
- Ability to work under stress and pressure and respond to crisis or emergency situations; ability to physically perform the essential functions of the position; and ability to meet the travel requirements of the position
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to complete work
- Knowledge of Process Improvement and Baldrige Standards
Salary Range: $7,224 – $10,835 DOE
To apply, you must submit a Springdale Water Utilities application available on our website or you may pick one up in our office.
Interested individuals can submit an application to the Human Resources Department at PO Box 769, Springdale, AR 72765 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Springdale Water provides an exceptional benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.