Job Opening for an Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of intermediate level administrative support functions to ensure the organized flow of daily business for management and staff including preparing correspondence, memoranda, reports and other documents, screening telephone calls, scheduling appointments, meetings and travel arrangements, assisting in financial functions, and maintaining confidential information.
- Performs administrative support functions including preparing, reviewing and drafting correspondence, memoranda, board items, presentations, reports and other documents using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation to ensure accuracy and completeness; may take and transcribe minutes.
- Proficient with Quickbooks Program. Prepares and monitors financial information including
budget, time and attendance documentation and ordering supplies.
- Processes purchase requests for payments in various forms, such as purchase requisitions and credit card purchases, verifying accuracy of data. May function as credit card liaison for the Authority.
- Researches and compiles a variety of information for reporting purposes and performs data entry of a variety of databases, spreadsheets, and forms.
- Maintains, develops and implements filing systems.
- Performs customer service duties including answering and screening calls, receiving and assisting visitors, and answer inquiries.
- Provides organizational support by coordinating and scheduling meetings, maintaining calendar and agendas, and making travel arrangements as needed; maintains suspense system to ensure deadlines are met.
- Sorts and distributes mail including preparing outgoing mail.
- Applies organizational and office policies, procedures, and practices.
- Maintains effective working relationships and public relations.
- Prepares employee record changes and maintains employee files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position works under general supervision.
- This position may provide functional guidance to administrative support staff.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three years’ experience performing administrative and secretarial functions or related work.
- Proficient level typing skills.
- Proficient in the use of Quickbooks, word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation
software, and financial, purchasing and time and attendance.
- Two years of college with major coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration,
or related field is preferred but work experience may substitute.
- Contact with internal and external customers, vendors, outside agencies and the general public.
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing.
- May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as meeting or during
- Subject to sitting for long periods of time to perform job scope.
- Working conditions are in an office environment.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please e-mail resume to: [email protected] or mail to Lonoke White PWA at P. O.
Box 1175, Cabot, AR 72023