Central Arkansas Water
NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
DISTRIBUTION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Opening Date: May 15, 2017
Closing Date: May 19, 2017 or Until Filled
Classification: Grade 7 Non-Exempt ($21.04 per hour-entry)
Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities: designs and prepares written materials; maintains various records; performs clerical duties; assists department supervisory personnel; processes petty cash transactions; coordinates permits, approvals and notifications with governmental & regulatory agencies; develops and/or utilizes computer programs; maintains office supplies; serves as receptionist for Distribution; serves as relief for Dispatch; performs other essential duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of business letter writing.
- Knowledge of database techniques.
- Knowledge of math.
- Knowledge of filing procedures and systems (Alpha & Numerical).
- Knowledge of record keeping practices.
- Knowledge of telephone techniques.
- Knowledge of 2-way radio.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to deal with employees and the public tactfully.
- Ability to communicate at above average level orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to use computer software to develop and utilize programs, i.e., spreadsheet, data base, and word processing software.
- Ability to learn or use Microsoft Word, Excel and Access Software.
- Ability to analyze non-complex administrative details i.e. compiling routine reports, prioritizing work assignments, etc.
- Ability to research, extract information and compile information into reports.
- Ability to set up and maintain filing systems and to file accurately – alpha or numeric.
- Ability to operate a word processing system at an intermediate level, performing some advanced functions.
- Ability to type by touch at 40 – 50 wpm.
- Ability to read at an above average level and have good writing skills.
- Ability to compose basic correspondence.
- Ability to proofread and edit accurately.
- Ability to use calculator/10 key.
- Ability to verify data.
- Skilled in use of personal computer.
Two (2) years clerical/administrative experience, at least one year work experience using spreadsheet and word processing software. Must possess above average interpersonal skills and ability to communicate, in a helpful and courteous manner, in order to interact effectively with employees, customers, vendors, and/ or contractors.
Work experience and skill using Microsoft Office Applications to include Word, Excel, Access or other data base software and PowerPoint.
Individual works in a heated and cooled typical office environment.
All interested employees of Central Arkansas Water are encouraged to apply and should request and complete a Request for Transfer/Promotion Form, available from Human Resources, in order to be considered for this position. Interested outside candidates may apply in person beginning on Monday, May 15, 2017 during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Human Resources Office of Central Arkansas Water at 221 East Capitol, Little Rock. You may also acquire these forms from CAW’s internet web site.
All forms must be completed and returned to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 19, 2017 or until filled in order to be considered for the position. Central Arkansas Water will require a pre-employment physical & drug testing for all prospective employees after an offer of employment has been made. All offers will be contingent on the prospective employee receiving a “passing result” on the tests conducted. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Central Arkansas Water is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate in its employment practices, or any other activities, on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political opinions or affiliation or any other status protected by law.
Job related written and/or skills evaluation will be conducted.
Job Line: 501-377-1335 www.carkw.com
We welcome and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace.